I attended my first ever Brit Mums Live Event last weekend, thanks to my great sponsor Ninni ! I was so, so nervous but I made it to London – found my hotel, met some great people and had an awesome time!
Here’s What I Learned…
1. When you meet people for the first time don’t tap them on the shoulder, shriek and then knock their iPhone flying out of their hand into a strangers head. Its not the wow factor first impression you were hoping for.
Hello Meagan from The Mum Project, I’m still sorry
2. I don’t need to wear that much spandex. Well actually I do… but you know what its a long day, you’ll bruise a kidney, there’s plenty of dim lighting and dark corners – just hang out there until you get over yourself.
3. I finally acknowledge and accept that I know jack-shit about Pinterest and never will. I have made my peace with this.
4. When you’re on the tube look straight ahead, don’t look down towards the next carriage. That shit is scary. It’s fucking rattling around all over the place. The next carriage is literally bouncing off the walls. Don’t dwell too much on the fact that you are in a tin can, shooting at the speed of light through a funnel. Think about lambs and candy floss – count the stops and congratulate yourself on not hyperventilating.
5. Avoid touching half naked oiled up men. Yeah it sounds like a good idea, hell it even looks like one (!) but it’s actually kinda weird and you’ll end up greasy. Oh – until he brings out the Prosecco, then scrap that and become his best friend.
6. You need to get yourself a friend like Cherry Healey. No funny quip. Just a thing you need to do.
7. If you’re staying in a hotel -take two luxuriously long baths. One in the evening, one in the morning. It’s not your hot water. No one is asking to watch you wash your hair. No one is asking you where your willy is. You cannot hear Mr Tumble. You won’t get this opportunity again for ages – take two baths!
8. If you take a suitcase to the Changing Of The Guard a policemen will ask you to move because you might be a terrorist. Even when you calmly explain that your suitcase is only full of Hawaiian leis, sippy cups and spandex – you will still have to move along – because that is fucking weird.
9. Vlogging is pronounced v-er-logging not V-LOGGING.
Such an idiot
10. Being in a room filled with like minded people, with the same passion and drive can be really empowering and motivating. DO WHAT YOU LOVE, LOVE WHAT YOU DO!